And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Well that was interesting, taking a cue from Sam: http://www.myheritage.com/

The semester is looking pretty good with one or two hitchs, but nothing serious. I am going to be taking Latin American Revolutions, Civil War and Reconstruction, African History Through Literature, French II, Economics and Society and English Literature II. I think I already mentioned this when I signed up for courses, but here they are again. After the first "week" of classes I've decided they should all be fun. Even if my English professor is very boring, the material should be enough.

I saw Running With Scissors last monday, it was a campus event so it was on a big screen. It was pretty good considering how much I loved the original book and taking into account how difficult it must have been to try and reconcile the ridiculousness and sadness of the story.

OH! I just heard today, HBO has purchased the film/tv rights to George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels. I really can't wait to see it, and since I don't think I've ever successfully convinced any of you guys to pick up these books I just have to suggest again that you try them. It's a massive series but it's the best of its kind and never slows to a crawl like Wheel of Time

The news article: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1&p=0

A reccomendation from Unshelved!:
http://www.overduemedia.com/archive.aspx?strip=20060723

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

my mom just finished reading running with scissors, she also said it was great, i'll have to pick it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home