And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

It is Thursday evening, and for most of the week as most of you probably know already I have been witout glasses. It's an interesting perspective. My eye-sight is incredibly bad and I find that the only things I can focus on are printed words close to my face and the clouds in the sky. There's a great metaphor or poetic something or other in that but I habe no idea how to put it.
When walking from place to place I can't recognize anyone passing even a foot or two next to me and I've undoubtedly given people the impression that I'm an asshole. In class professors (at least until at the end of class I explain to them) probably think I'm dense or high on something. I can't tell if anyone's making eye contact or pointing at me, I obviously can't see what's written on the board.
I've gotten numerous comments on how tired I look, and though I make sure to get plenty of sleep I am tired. My eyes (at greatly different levels of crappiness) compete with each other on which gets to focus. I find myself squinting like a pirate at the oddest of times but the upside is that I can't see people give me strange looks.
When reading, on paper or on a screen I feel like my eyes have gone independant of each other, I'll get perfect double vision for instants.
At work I was set to training someone. The poor girl.
When writing papers or to surf genmay O'll put on my proken glasses, balancing the loose lens in my eye like a monacle. It works well enough but my eyebrow gets tired of it's burden and after an hour or so of wearing it it begins to repeatedly fall and I have to stop typing and do something else or soldier on hunched like Blackbeard over the keyboard hen pecking the keyboard. I of course assume that Blackbeard like myself has yet to master the touch type.
It's a liberating experiance to live in your own foggy world. I've gotten to the point that because I can't see people I assume they can't see me. If I am without effective sight for much longer I'll be at the point where I'll be wondering around picking my nose and spitting at things. Perhaps I'll resourt to my monacle in public. I'm told it makes my left eye look bigger then the right.
I'm not sure where I am going or went with this, not rant....discourse, but I think it has accomplished something.
That something I expect is getting the essay for World History II out of my head for a few minutes.
It really hasn't been so horrible to see everything unfocused. Even though I see less clearly it was nice to walk around outside and have the air be all around and not have to go around lens, even contacts didn't give this amount of freedom.

3 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Whoa. That was greatly poetic. Really.

Hey- thanks for the Neil Gaiman book again. I've read most of it now. Tis the greatness.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Myles said...

Ha, you're welcome. I read over that post just now and I just saw all of the mistakes I made.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Myles, you rock my world!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home