And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Sunday, September 25, 2005
















WARNING: LONG DIRECTIONLESS RAMBLE AHEAD!!!!
So this weekend was when your family is supposed to come visit you. My mom was the only one that came, but that's alright, everyone was busy with work.
It's funny, even though I was a little homesick earlier this week, I didn't really feel any homesickness from seeing my mom. We talked for a little bit about a family reunion with the French-Canadiens (my mom's mother's family) that I missed, about the state of things at home (the same), and how I was doing (fine).
We went out to eat at the Rutland Buffet because I was going through withdrawel from no General Tso's Chicken.
The food was okay. Nothing compares to Joy Wah. After dinner we stopped at a used book store and I picked up Deus-X by Joseph Citro (Lake Monsters was decent, so I'll give this a shot), Foundation by Isaac Asimov (I'm surprised I havent read it yet too) and a goosebumps book I was missing from my collection. Obligatory don't judge me sentence here. I figure if I get back in the mood for reading before A Feast for Crows comes out I'll be prepared. After that it was a quick hug good-bye. All in all, it was a pretty standard affair.
Television and reading has conditioned me to beleive that something special should go on during stuff like that, but its all so...ordinary. *flicks music to 'The Kids Aren't Alright' by The Offspring - hey, its the closest I have to emo angst on my computer*
I still spend to much time on this computer, I am an active poster on four forums and could sign up to more. Urg. I don't want my life to turn into Shiroi's.
One activity my suite has gotten into is wiffle ball home run derby. We got to the tennis courts and try to hit balls over the fence. Myself being the kid in gym who needed the T set up, am in last, but I'm improving. Surprisingly none of the tennis players mind our taking one of the courts as our field.
I've rambled suffiently long enough. Oh wait, I found another disturbingly hilarious webcomic. Sam espcially should get a kick out of it: The Perry Bible Fellowship
Well I'm off to studying for a politics test.

sample:

7 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Myles-If you think this is long I wonder what you think of many of my entries!?!

That's nice that your mom went to visit you!!

I can't relate to needing Chicken, though I like it sometimes (admitting to that for Laurel's benifit)...


Hope you had a good weekend...

I think the picture is very pretty...

-Leah

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

longer the better, bring it on! and i'm hereby officially not judging you for buying goosebumps *cough*hehe*cough*

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Laurel-hi!!!!!

You should call me sometime...not that I really should be talking to anyone with all my work but, hey...

She my work isn't impossibly hard, there's just a lot of it....so if some of the reading is hard I don't know because I didn't put enough of my brain towards ir to find out...

Sorry, Myles for using our site as a message board for other people...
I just figured she was looking at this , though now I've preobably missed her and she's reading one of the other one...

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Myles said...

Wow, that was fast. I don't mind having the comments be used as message boards. It makes me feel special to have so many comments.

Yeah, I think I'll be using magic the gathering art to head my posts from now on.

Thanks, the weekend was fun, and I just did my laundry (I was out of everything, it took three stuffed washing machines to get it all. lol

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Laurel said...

yes you missed me but thats ok, i got it now. i'll try to call this afternoon

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hi, Myles~ You're absolutely right - the visual and twisted wordplay is right up my alley. It's hard to really laugh out loud here (at work, where I'm currently goofing off on a break) because inevitably someone will want to know what I'm laughing at, and, well, sometimes I just can't show them. (I especially loved "Book world")

I'm so glad you're picking up the Foundation series!! When other girls my age were reading "Little House on the Prairie", I was knee deep in Foundation (i.e., I've been misunderstood a long time). :0)

Tchuss! ~Sam

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

leah i tried to call at 3:30 but you weren't home. i have to go do work at bi hall and prob. the lib. i'll get in touch with you later this week though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home