And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007


I am currently finishing the application for the London Semester (it's a sure thing, the only problem is if not enough people apply) which is due this Friday with a hefty deposit. I have a meeting with my adviser on Monday to draw up the final plan for my degree program.

This semester's classes are mostly OK, a lot of necessary stuff I have to slog through but two are becoming really interesting: History, Memory and War and Women Writers.

The first is not military history but what our culture's perception of war is, and how we remember it. We read a book on the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial last week. And Women Writers while burdened by some feminist essays (some of the theory is actually interesting and common sense - very little 'man-hating') it is great. We're reading Jane Eyre now.

I don't know, stuff and things.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

let me know how jane eyre goes- jess loves that book. i thought it was pretty good but it took me forever to read

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Yay Jane Eyre. It's so weird-- I love it. Mr. Rochester is an ass and I still can't help but be intruige by his character.

I am also filling out forms for the study abroad thing. I opted for the Jane Austen Centre internship as my first choice.

I want to go soooooooo bad. I hope you can too-- because I'm just 1 1/2 hours by bus on the main route. Visiting would be quite cool.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Leah said...

That makes me so proud, Myles, that you're reading Jane Eyre!!!! (Though it doesn't seem like you really have a choice in the matter as it is an assignment...and I only read it about a year ago.)

It's good...but so serious that I couldn't always take it too seriously. It's such a fantasy!!!! Very different from Jane Austen!!!!

YAY...I hope it all works out and you do get to go abroad!!!!!!!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

i read Jane Eyre I think right before senior year. I loved it, i want to read it again sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home