And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Thursday, September 20, 2007

So today I donated blood for the first time (previously before this I thought I was ineligible - long story). It was a good experience overall except it took so long! It didn't help that I had a very slow nurse. I think it was the one who got Katie last year. The woman could not find a vein to save her life.
But eventually 500ccs of blood was taken plus some vials. Man was I fascinated. I mean, it's a bag of blood and she was handling it like an icepack.
The only part that was uncomfortable was when she ripped the needles out of me without a warning. That really REALLY hurt.
But I got a sticker, some cheese and a cookie. Oh, and juice. Lots of juice.

Tonight was also the big 'Take Back the Night' march. It had a lot of people attend this year in light of the recent highly publicized sexual assaults. From what I've heard quite a few have happened but the administration made a big deal of these two because the newspapers caught wind of it. It's ridiculous, they're doing nothing to help people be or feel safer. We can't have cameras because of 'what visitors would think.' Let me tell you, and Katie will agree the whole small college, big heart, touchy-feely close community that the brochures rage on about doesn't exist. It's all a big myth to attract students.

5 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I'm not sure what the photo is of...but the color reminded me of blood before I even read your post!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

hmm.. it's never hurt when they did it for me. I think i have like the hugest vein because it's always really fast for me- I'm glad you share the fascination though!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Me said...

your vein probably collapsed...

oh and about the situation on campus...don't run your mouth myles if you don't fucking know what's going on...

you have no idea so don't make judgements and the reason the reported these two to the student body is becasue they don't have any idea who it could be, and the other ONE was a date rape incident that where they knew the attacker and he was delt with.

So dont run your mouth about shit you dont understand or won't bother to look into

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Myles said...

Well sorry, but it seems I've talked with quite a few people. This is one of the situations where I didn't actually just pick up an opinion out of air.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Uh...

blood... is... good?

Sorry about what's happening on your campus. I hope everything turns out alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home