And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Sunday, March 26, 2006

This weekend I actually went home. I know, it's a bit weird since it's only a week before Spring Break and all, but it was a spur of the moment thing. Shawn was just heading out the door and I just asked if I could go with him. So in five or ten minutes I had grabbed my laundry and a few other scattered items and was on my way home.

It was a nice time, my mom and I went to Borders and after extensive combing through the music and book sections I chose Glen Duncan's Death of an Ordinary Man. I had read his book I, Lucifer earlier for the Genmay Book Club and I was very impressed. I'm about halfway through Ordinary Man and it's fantastic.

Very differant from I, Lucifer but showing alot of skill and I have to agree with the review on the back of the book. Duncan is an "appalingly intelligent writer." I eagerly reccomend I, Lucifer and/or Ordinary Man. I think Jessica as a Neil Gaiman fan would especially enjoy these books. But they are very smart, funny and astounding books. Seriously, any of you guys would love it.

After leaving Borders, we went to the new Olive Garden and met up with Meghan and her boyfriend Shawn. The food there is great, I had their Fagioli soup and Lasagna :drool:. Nuff said on that.

The rest of the weekend was an early start on relaxation, I watched Small Soliders and Secret of Nimh with the family, as well as reading my new book. I had been reading Dracula but it's been shoved aside (it's really great though, better then I thought).

All in all, a typical lazy weekend.

4 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Me said...

shut up you and your Olive Garden.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Myles said...

Someone's jealous of me having fantastic food.
I'm listening to Jesus and Mary Chain, and I'm going to make you hear it too eventually.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Hmmm. Intresting looking books (Amazon look up). I think I will try to interlibrary loan them- or just pick them up when I go to Borders tomorrow.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

the jello's freaking me out man..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home