And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Thursday, February 16, 2006


Yeah, well I figured I'd do a post now in case tomorrow I'm too busy to write anything. Vacation has arrived somewhat unexpectedly, it's welcome to be sure, but I didn't quite think five weeks of class would pass by so quickly and without my really learning anything. My Literature class is the most interesting, with the discussions...but everything else has not really provided me with anything.
Blah blah, anyway, on Monday I went to the wonderful mall and bought a couple of CDs, the first being the New Radicals' as seen above. And it's awesome, it was a bit of a gamble but all of the songs are really good, excellant writing and a good blend of 70's rock and even a bit of motown...not sure if that's the right spelling.

FASCINATING

Yeah. I bought Hole's Live Through This and its alright, some good and some bad. Courtney Love, while sleazy, has some decent music now and then.

COMPELLING

I have a ton of reading to do over the break, the library had a second book sale and I bought two new modern library books Whitman's Leaves of Grass, which I intend to read eventually and James Hardy's The Portrait of a Lady...I'd never heard of it before this but I'll try it out. The third book I bought was a paperback of Joyce's Portrait of the Artist, which I've been looking for for a long time.

Yeah the other books I'm reading are to finally finish the original Foundation Trilogy, just one more book to go, The Great Gatsby, Assasination Vacation, The Doors of Perception, and at least glance at Gargantua and Pantagruel and read a couple of essays from The Wisdom of Catholicism...some weird stuff in there. I should be finished with Agnes Grey before break starts.

SHOCK AND INTRIGUE

I bought the second season of 3rd Rock and it's as good as I remember it. Awesome awesome stuff. And junk.

And...yeah, I won't be doing much over the break, a few plans might be set into action but I've got nothing solid for now except a visit to my grandparents in Connecticut.

Well I'm done for now.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Visit me! Katie's already started the plans- and I can get you really cheap room and board in Dodge for 15 dollars a night w/out sheets, 25 with! Would be soooooo squee and would show you guys off all over campus!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Katie...are you traveling to see me alone, or are you bringing others?

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Laurel said...

i heart third rock from the sun. Is james hardy the one who wrote mayor of casterbridge or was that thomas hardy? i get all english men confused. I still own my copy of portrait of an artist from english last year because i almost destroyed it and upon offereing to replace it mr bone told me to just keep it. have fun on break. watch oprah.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Thomas Hardy...I think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home