And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Friday, April 28, 2006

One of my absolute favorite pictures of Michelle. Even with the poor quality you can see the happiness, it's one of those moments that makes everything worth it.

Anyway, as some of you already know I'm going home this weekend for a wake for my aunt's mother (not my grandmother), its not shocking since she's been ill for a long time but I just saw her at Easter. It's too bad I didn't know her better.

On a lighter note, I just have to give a public thanking to Sam for reccomending me for work at the library.

Oh, and Katie, here is a track list for that 'history' of rock that I gave you: (remember this is volume 1 only. I hope you've been listening to it. It's good stuff.

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
The Ronettes - Be My Baby
Ben E. King - Stand By Me
The Beach Boys - Surfin' Safari
Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the Wind
The Kinks - You Really Got Me
The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
The Spencer Davis Group - Keep on Running
Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard it Through the Grapevine
Cream - White Room
The Beatles - Come Together
The Doors - Peace Frog
Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGhee
Neil Young (with Stray Gators) - Heart of Gold
Led Zepplin - Houses of the Holy
Sweet - Fox on the Run
Queen - Seaside Rendezvous
Andrea True Connection - More, More, More (Pt. 1)
Eric Claption - Cocaine
The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Bad Reputation
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Elton John - I'm Still Standing

It's a fair sampling I think one song from each year except for 1959 (it was going to be Kansas City but it wouldn't fit) from 1958-1983. I didn't double artists (except with Eric Clapton who was in Cream but no one's counting), I think I went a little too soft, Black Sabbath was left out by lack of space.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Wow that's an awesome CD!!!! COOL!!!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Oh yeah...Toilets...it took me a while to connect presence of the water in several stalls (which came and went and changed sizes)with the dripping sound I kept hearing. Even so, I was the first to tell our housekeeper so they'd fix it. (Smithies are not known for having common sense.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home