And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Sunday, October 16, 2005


Alright, some of you may have noticed I was glooming about this last week. And it's not entirely because I've become lost in the all encompassing despair that is society or life...or whatever gets those kids down these days.
I set off from school in reasonably good spirits, I knew there was potential danger with Alesha, but that wasnt fasing me...much. The trip home was alright, when we rolled into Bellows Falls it was nice seeing how things didn't change (I want expecting much anyway after six weeks), we dropped off Troy and saw Dustin (who lives at Troys now--long story) and was surprised that he has chopped off his italian fro. It looks just like freshman year again before we decided to grow out our metal (and in my case hippie) hair. Whatever.
I get to my sister's house (as I was going to go to dinner with her before going home) --her first words?
"Geeze, it took you long enough...damn whats that on your face?"
So I hadnt shaved in a long time...give me a break, my shaver was messed up. Yes I know electric razers suck, but its all I've ever used. *obilgatory 'don't judge me' motif*
Anyway, Michelle (my older sister for those of you who need clarifying) began complaining about pretty much everything. Well not really, but a few things at length. In the end we decided to just get take-out at mom and dad's. A fine idea
Once we got there, Matt (my brother for those blah blah) immedietly wanted to use Michelle's dirtbike, she protested because it was wet. Matt bellowed his rebutal and Mom and Dad began chipping in. I quietly dragged my stuff to my room --or what WAS my room (I'll explain in the next paragraph). I've always been very non-confrontational when it comes to the family feuds. I try to clean up the mess afterwards.
Anyway, I went down the hall and pushed open my door and discovered to my delight that the room I had leftover from packing (a few favorites on the shelves, my desk, my bed and a couple of pictures) was buried under loads of plastic storage bins, loose paper, junk, tag-sale left-overs, bad paperbacks and the computer desk from the living room. The two small bookcases had been stripped and pulled away from the walls and stuff piled behind them, my bunk-bed (yes, I know) was a shelving unit for more storage boxes, my bureau had been shoved into the closet along with the books I had left out (boxed of course for inconvienance). My desk was buried - the old comp. monitor even had stuff stacked on it! The only thing about it that didn't want to make me cry was that the record player was still set up. Of course I had to unearth and reconnect the speakers.
It was a mess. As I stared at this wasteland I could hear the traditional argument escalating. Perfect.
In the end Matt took the bike anyway, and the rest of us got chinese take-out. They forgot the fortune cookies. Of course. A lovely first-evening-back-from-college.
I really didn't expect more, I knew they were going to change my room around, I just didnt expect them to make it completely unlivable. I had to shove a bookcase aside to get to my bed so I could clear it of boxes so I could sleep. That merits an emo sigh. I don't care.
The next morning I got up at 7am to be ready for the trip to Conn. We left at noon. Of course. Once the long drive down (made longer by the start of torrential rains) was done we decided to skip the friend with the annoying daughter +, we went to Old Glory ++ (got a Goonies and McGruff t-shirts). They didn't have any adult swim shirts left in stock. -. But still ahead. I didn't get any band shirts because all they had were Grateful Dead and new stuff. Yeah.
After we visited another family friend (my parents met him living out of his truck, he is now rich from an excercise machine company. Someone found the American dream at least).
The rest of the week is me sitting at home watching movies, with a small break or me sitting at the computer 'doing homework' at my sisters for two days.
My highlights are: Re-watchiing Exile and The Goonies. Also The Broken Hearts Club (on IFC...of course) was actually pretty funny. Also I read most of the sixteenth annual collection of the Year's Best Sci-Fi. Those collections always have a ton of great stuff in them.
I don't know, the week kind of sucked because I didn't see anyone. I wish I could have made it to D+D or gone somewhere. Not having a car blows.
Well, I think I've typed for too long I should be revising an essay....and writing a new one. It never ends.
Now that you've all skipped to the bottom, hi. Night.

fake edit: What was me having a Satchell moment...besides now. I'm confused.

real edit: my last (promise!) attempt to get you hooked on Sugarcubes. Here you can listen to some songs...you might have to sign up. Its worth it, the whole website has tons of stuff about music. Hence the name.

13 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Oh Myles!!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Leah said...

That was meant in a sympathetic way.

Must do HW...could stay up very late..

I'm glad your back on the net!!!!

It was funny, your comment t my site I thought was meant for someone else, till I realized I'd quoted some music...I couldn't figure out what you were talking about...that's all I know of and about that song....besides the fact that it was in Shrek.

Oh, you library people would be proud of me...I met the stack at the library today becuase I had to do research...they were polite.

I had to go to the fourth floor, and then down five flights to floor B (underground level, two flights down)

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Myles said...

Man, I thought my library was huge. I am in awe.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Welcome back!

'Satchel moment' was from Laurel's previous comment in last post. Oh well, Katie and I laughed about it.

Call next time, we'll find a way to get you out! D&D was actually pretty good this last Friday, after a brief discussion clarifying a few behavioral things....everything progressed smoothly right up until the end when, after realizing they couldn't defeat the baddie, Katie cast invisibility sphere on her and the people standing next to her, which in the small room meant everyone - including the baddie - was completely invisible, unless they stumbled into it and caught on fire. You could see them then.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Me said...

honestly what prevents you from doing what you always do in situations like this, you know calling me and asking for a ride. the normal thing

oh well a little late for that now, because we're back at school.

see you at the movie
Later

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Oh, that was sad katie...the idea of what things used to be like...well, maybe you don't miss giving Myles rides but it invokes memories of everything...Drama, Schlolars' Bowl...well, not exact memories....more like a feeling...

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Laurel said...

i send big waves of hapiness and love, and offers of a figuritive room that shall never be changed. i'm glad you're posting again

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Laurel said...

ps, lets have a not so emo picture for once!! i demand fluffy bunnies!!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Myles said...

hey this isnt an emo picture. Its the art from Paradigm Shift. But fine, next one will be funny.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jess-Beast said...

Oh, man, if I came back to my room and it was a storage closet and I couldn't find my stuff I'd cry so much- it's not funny.

But at least you were home- and got to do free laundry, and eat free food, and not worry about getting up and going into a public shower...

Life is good!

Miss you muches! Tell us more about the library!

~Jess^_^

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Hi I'm on-line now....I saw that three minutes ago you posted!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Myles said...

Hi Leah, I just posted an update.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Myles said...

Michelle, if you read this. I was not in a good mood. So don't take any of it personally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home