And So Its Come to This........... a Blog

Why bother with creative original content when one can post the minutiae of a numbingly average life?

Thursday, November 17, 2005


Well A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin came out and I've been busy the past few days reading it. I had one or two tiny problems with it, but on the whole it was an excellant contribution to the series. The next book is due out next year (It's already written it's just revisions that need to be done).
As for writing...well I've hit a huge brick wall and the whole plot, as fragile as it was, has crashed down into a pit of tedium and the droning of the narrator.
I hope I can go home this weekend, Taylor hasnt decided whether or not go (Thanksgiving break does start next week after all) so its his decision.
It sucks that I had to work last week. This kid was setting up the worst "art" exhibit. The library has rotating every two weeks a student art show in the student lounge. His pieces included four 2x8 with dismembered baby dolls covered in blood roped to them, a smiley face hitler surrounded by the heads of other smiley faces with jewish and gay symbols on their foreheads with the caption 'have a nice day' (WHAT COULD HIS MESSAGE BE? A DUR HUR), a book that he had whited out all of the words and written on the cover "My book of Phrases". Plus various other junk pieces (a wrecked TV, styrofoam ducttaped together). Out of the whole lot he had maybe one real piece of work. A pen and ink of some emo/goth girl. The whole show just made me mad.
Well that's it for now.
edit: Spring 2006 (we're so futuristic) Schedule

Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Finite Math
Foundations of Education

Tuesdays and Thursdays
Wolrd History I (this will be changed to T/TH afternoons)
Touchstones of Western Literature
Effective Speaking

and Soundings of course, but that's mandatory.

6 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Leah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Leah said...

It's comforting to think of you being in a history class....and literature and speecking too, I guess. It's something, at least, that will ot change in this fluid world of ours.

I
ll now stop trying to say thisng poetically and do my French and Latin HW.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Leah said...

That first post was deleated by me becuase then I reposted and incorporated stuff into the new post...nut now it looks silly anyway...but anyway, your not misssing anyhting...it was just me and you can read it in the other post......

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

nice dashing knight. but i'm honestly still a little dissapointed that you never bothered to put up a cute picture after all my hard work in bothering to watch that preview and listen to sugar cubes.. sad. anyways. are you riding home with taylor for thanksgiving? i'm confused. have a great weekend!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Me said...

are you taking the 9am WI Effective Speaking because I have that class...

Also i must tell you a funny story about getting signed into my classes with herry at some point.

later

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Myles said...

I'm most likely going home with Taylor and maybe Troy. It should be interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home